Knowing where to start can be overwhelming – the start is always the hardest part, let us help you with that
Our greatest tip? Ensure to stay organised during the lead up to your wedding and make sure you enjoy the planning process, after all, it’s the most exciting time of your life!
There is an abundance of tasks to take care of and many details to arrange, so having a wedding checklist can help you stay on top of it all.
We have strategically broken down the checklist month-by-month in order of urgency to ensure your day is as perfect as you have dreamed.
Each step is a little milestone and brings you closer and closer to your special day.
Think of it as a complementary gift from us, click below to download now or keep reading as we delve deeper into the ultimate wedding checklist.
‘Having a planner who you genuinely trust in your corner will truly take so much weight off your shoulders and I promise they will make the entire journey that much more enjoyable and – most importantly – will be a blast to hang out with on the big day!’
– Karinda Wedding Event Planner at Metropolis Events
Ok… so you’ve just celebrated your engagement, what’s next?
- Discuss the scope of what would be an ideal wedding with your finance, can you agree to disagree?
- Decide your budget range, it’s best to determine how much you have to spend and if you know if your families will be contributing
- Discuss whether the assistance of a wedding planner is worthwhile to help with some or all organisation
- Consider approximate numbers for your guest list
- Pick a wedding date timeframe (make sure to cross check with any significant guests, public holidays)
- Research potential wedding venues and ceremony locations. The team at Metropolis Events can assist you based on your specific requirements for both! Our unique space is the perfect place to say “I do”, with sweeping views of the city skyline, iconic landmarks as your backdrop – we can’t think of anywhere better.
Because planning your wedding should be part of the fun… let’s get started!
- Think about what your ideal wedding might look like with your fiancé – can you agree to disagree?
- Before you really start anything, it’s important to determine your budget and allocate funds accordingly
- If only you could invite everyone, right? With your budget in mind and the available capacity at your venue consider the approximate number of guests between both families. Metropolis Events can accommodate up to 334 guests for wedding receptions with a dance floor or cocktail style weddings up to 1,100 guests
- Pull up your Pinterest boards, people! It’s finally time to let your imagination run wild & gather a mood board that will help shape consistency in terms of styling, florals, invitations etc.
- So, you know who your marrying, now the real question is where? Choosing your wedding venue is important as the location affects almost all aspects of your day! Metropolis Events is nestled amidst Melbourne’s Arts Precinct, within walking distance from some of the city’s beautiful gardens, churches, and parks. Public transport and accommodation options are easily accessible for those traveling to your wedding… a big must! If you’ve considered a Friday or Sunday for your special day, make sure to check out our current packages that include hand-picked inclusions and bespoke add on options… love, everyday!
- This one goes out to all you brides to be out there… it’s time to start shopping for your wedding dress! You may already have a style in mind, or you mind not, finding the perfect gown for you is all about trial and error. It’s time to say yes to the dress if you want to avoid rushing closer to your wedding day
Have you considered it yet?
- Consider your wedding invitations and other stationery items like RSVP cards, thank you notes, place card etc. The rule of thumb with your invitations is generally 6-8 weeks in advance or 12 weeks for any guests who may be travelling from overseas. This same supplier could also arrange your seating chart!
- Select the bridesmaid’s dresses and groomsman suits and schedule fittings, that way you have one less thing to worry about!
- Create your wedding website – while not mandatory, the purpose of a wedding website would be to give guests a central hub where they may find information for your big day
- Meet with potential florists – much like other suppliers, you want to be in sync with your florist in terms of that overarching theme you are going for
- Depending on if you prefer to put together a bridal registry or stick with a wishing well (or a combination of the two!) make sure you outline this on your invitation or on a separate registry card to subtly spread the word!
- A very important aspect to the big day… the bride’s hair and makeup. Help your stylists by being prepared & research ahead of time the kind of look you are going for, as well as for your bridesmaids also. Our best tip yet? Book in a trial for both a few months leading up to the wedding on a day you having something on! Whether its your bridal shower, hen’s night or are attending a wedding of a friends, this is the perfect win win!
- Traditionally, the wedding etiquette states that it’s the groom’s responsibility to plan the honeymoon and surprise the bride – while this is not always the case, it’s important to try sort this out around the five months mark
Next in line… the (almost) final touches
- Book in your wedding night accommodation – for those couples who have chosen a venue without accommodation, make sure to research accommodation that is close to your wedding venue… you also want to wake up in luxury right? Metropolis Events is in close proximity to some of the city’s finest accommodation spots, we are practically walking distance to The Langham and Quay West Suites.
- Consider the final touches for how you will dress your wedding venue – while a cake is a must, often couples like to organise wedding favours or commonly known as bonbonniere to treat guests to take home and remember the day… they also look super lovely as a decoration on your tables.
- Your wedding day transport can be as elaborate or as understated as you like – consider not just the bridal party but also close family members who perhaps are from out of town
- Buy wedding bands – by contrast of an engagement ring, a wedding ring is usually a plain metal band or eternity band that both the bride and groom receive during your wedding ceremony, why not pick them out together and make a day out of it?
- If your chosen to write your own vows to one another, start thinking about how you would like these to sound like… traditional vs pop-culture inspired, the choice is yours!
Up next – let’s get married!
While the ideal length for an engagement is between 12 to 14 months, this will vary between couples and many other factors… sometimes out of your control!
Metropolis Events and its wedding team have formed a synergy in creating bespoke weddings that are as unique as each individual couple. No two weddings are ever the same, because no two couples are and this is what makes life exciting! Our team of experts have endless resources to help you during this planning process.
From the moment you contact us, to saying goodbye at the end of your exquisite evening, we’ll ensure every detail is captured to create your perfect day. Talk to us today about designing your dream wedding – we can be contacted at +614 8537 7300 or email@example.com.
Start planning with Metropolis Events!
Your wedding is one day, but the planning is endless. Remember to take a breath and enjoy the whole ride!
– Emily Major: Wedding Event Planner at Metropolis Events