This year could not start any better! We are right in the midst of proposal season for 2022. You may be raising your eyebrows at that sentence….well December, January and February are the biggest months of the year for proposals, with popular dates occurring. Such as Christmas Eve & Day, New Year’s Eve & Day and Valentine’s Day (We have even hosted our fair share of proposals on Valentine’s Day!).
Proposals on V-day are so popular that Wedding Wire declared it the official day to “pop the question” of 2021! Apparently the 14th, represents romance, tradition and admiration (well isn’t that obvious!).
So because we are huge advocates of being involved in a couple’s unique love story (I mean we are a wedding venue, after all, we love a good wedding or two). We decided to celebrate Valentine’s Day by collaborating with some of Melbourne’s most talented planners and suppliers to give away a perfectly styled marriage proposal, worth over $30,000!!! *Stay tuned – we have selected a winner and we will be sharing the proposal very soon.
While you wait we don’t want to leave you high and dry. So we thought we would introduce you to some of the incredible suppliers that we work with every day that help create our couple’s special day come to life. These suppliers were also the sponsors for our fabulous proposal giveaway (big thanks!).
Kicking it off with The Small Things Co.
The Small Things Co offer event styling, planning and coordination services along with a large offering of unique décor available for hire. They offer consultation services for couples who need guidance on their wedding design and offer a breadth of services for an array of styling needs.
We spoke to Co-Owner and Creative Director Paula from The Small Things Co and asked her to “spill the tea” on all things proposals! Keep reading to get her tips and tricks on orchestrating the perfect proposal!
An Intimate Private Proposal at Home
The perfect option for the partner who is impossible to surprise!
- Propose using coffee art
- In amongst day to day life – in the middle of making breakfast or dinner
- Get your fur baby involved – have them bring in the ring or write a note and attach it to their collar
- Set up something special in your backyard, where you can spend the evening together
- Cook your favorite restaurant meal and style a beautiful table at all
A Destination or Scenic Proposal
Perfect for the partner who loves to travel and be outdoors
- Take your partner on a hike and keep the ring in your back pocket until you get to a lookout
- Go to your favourite spot at the beach and set up a picnic
- Seek out a hideout spot that not many people know about and set up something special
- Pop the question whilst you are sightseeing on Holiday
Being stylists themselves, The Small Things Co love styled proposals and are available to plan, style, and coordinate a proposal set-up.
Paula recommends that you send through an inquiry, from there you will have a phone call to have an initial chat through your plans. You will need to have an idea of a date, budget, and a mood board of what you want your proposal to look like.
How to plan the perfect proposal
These are things that you should consider before you propose, on the day, and after you propose. These elements may vary in the structure of your relationship and who you are as an individual.
- Getting approval from the parents – a little old school but not redundant
- If your partner is someone who would care about their appearance on the day of the proposal – ensure they have their nails, hair, and makeup and a nice outfit on
- A ring – the most important element
- A photographer and/or videographer to capture every special moment
- Celebratory food & drink
- Something sentimental – photos, a handwritten card or note, or a song you listened to on your first date
- Write down what you are going to say! – You may get emotional and you don’t want to forget
- Plan a post-proposal celebration
- Decorations! – Candles, lights, flowers & music
If you are interested in planning a styled proposal with The Small Things Co reach out to their lovely team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thinking of proposing at Metropolis Events? Have faith in knowing our planners along with our amazing suppliers who know the space better than anyone to create the most spectacular proposal!